Arab localities in Israel include all population centers with a 50% or higher Arab population in Israel. East Jerusalem and Golan Heights are not internationally recognized parts of Israel proper but have been included in this list. The city of Acre has an Arab minority of 32%, while its Old City is 95% Arab.
Is Jerusalem Arab?
During the 1948 Arab–Israeli War, West Jerusalem was among the areas captured and later annexed by Israel while East Jerusalem, including the Old City, was captured and later annexed by Jordan.
|Jerusalem ירושלים (Hebrew) القُدس (Arabic)|
What religion is in Israel?
About eight-in-ten (81%) Israeli adults are Jewish, while the remainder are mostly ethnically Arab and religiously Muslim (14%), Christian (2%) or Druze (2%). Overall, the Arab religious minorities in Israel are more religiously observant than Jews.
What is the most famous Arab country?
Arab countries ranked by power
- Saudi Arabia (9th most powerful country in the world)
- United Arab Emirates (10th most powerful country in the world)
- Qatar (20th most powerful country in the world)
- Egypt (25th most powerful country in the world)
- Jordan (32nd most powerful country in the world)